• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFAN VS UChicago Booth MiF

Choosing offer for fall 2024. Which one is better if I'm planning to do quant or quant snt in the future? I'm an international student and I hope to work in US for a few years then get back to my country. Is Chicago Booth's course set up technical enough? And Who would be the new director for the columbia mafn program. Please give me some advice! Thanks a lot!

There are too many unknowns to be helpful. Chicago MFin is enrolling its first cohort, so expect many adjustments, mistakes, and challenges in the first few years while they iron out the process.
Generally, an MFin program run by a business program is not technical enough compared to its counterpart, such as the Chicago FinMath. You are also sharing resources with their bigger, more established MBA program.
I don't know who will be the next director of the Columbia MAFN program, but given Prof. Lars's sudden passing, I expect the search to take some time. In the meantime, I'm sure there will be someone to run the program in the interim, hopefully @IzabelaRutkowski
Your goal will be to get a job right out of the program in the job type that will allow you transfer the knowledge back to your country.

There are too many unknowns to be helpful. Chicago MFin is enrolling its first cohort, so expect many adjustments, mistakes, and challenges in the first few years while they iron out the process.
Generally, an MFin program run by a business program is not technical enough compared to its counterpart, such as the Chicago FinMath. You are also sharing resources with their bigger, more established MBA program.
I don't know who will be the next director of the Columbia MAFN program, but given Prof. Lars's sudden passing, I expect the search to take some time. In the meantime, I'm sure there will be someone to run the program in the interim, hopefully @IzabelaRutkowski
Your goal will be to get a job right out of the program in the job type that will allow you transfer the knowledge back to your country.
Thank you, Andy. Yes - we will soon start the search for the new director. Meanwhile, the program is supported by Prof. Mikhail Smirnov, who is the firmer director and also an instructor in the program. I run the non-academic/curriculum part of the program. You can read about our faculty here: MAFN Faculty We are expecting new members to join in the Fall, this list will be updated as soon as the instructors are cleared by the companies where they work during the day.

Back