• View the 2024 QuantNet ranking of the Best UK Quant MSc Programs.

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

About Columbia Financial Economics

Dear all applicants, I majored in CS and apply for MFE this year.I have already got the admission of Columbia Financial Economics and need to pay 5000 dollar as deposit. This program is pretty new and thus we only know that the 8 students last year successfully found internship. I wonder if anyone could give me more information about the placement of this program?

At the same time, I have receive the admission of Columbia financial engineering . In addition , I'm now waiting for the result of NYU which is my dream school, I wonder how to make the choice among all these program? It would help a lot if anyone could give me some advice. Thanks a lot.

If it were me in your position I would decide on a "safety" school and wait for NYU. Meaning, decide either Financial Economics or MFE from Columbia. My guess is that because NYU Mathematical Finance is your dream the MFE program might be more suitable for you.

Back