• View the 2024 QuantNet ranking of the Best UK Quant MSc Programs.

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Advice for Indonesian Career Starter

This might look ridiculous.
I just passed the MFE program, I had no experience at all in the financial industry. I graduated from one of the best universities in Indonesia. As far as I know this is the first MFE program in Indonesia, and I was the first batch of graduates from this program, so I had no seniors to learn from how to start a financial career. the type of career I want is to work in an investment bank (preferably from the United States or the UK, so I had the opportunity to learn wider, because I am aware MFE program in Indonesia is still far behind when compared same programmes in the North Atlantic), but I had never seen a job for people who have an educational background in mathematics / statistics only for the position of treasurer or an equity analyst. The things that comes to my mind:

1. Sending multiple e-mail to the headquarters of investment bank in the United States, such as Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan, Golmand Sach etc. to get a position in Indonesia.
2. Optimizing LinkedIn to contact hiring a local manager to get internship opportunities, so it can show my skills (I know they are aware that the alumni MFE will be very good for them, but I still do not know how can I get the chance)

I know this is a very big opportunity, but I still do not know how to optimize this opportunity.

Back