• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Beginner needs Help

Hello,

My name is Vishal Patel, i'm currently a sophmore at rutgers university majoring in Accounting and Finance. I would like to work on wall street after i graduate as a financial analyst or something relating to trading. I just want some advice on what kind of courses i can take that will be good for wall street. And also if you can recommend any books for me about trading, financial enginering or anything that will help me learn more about finance and quants will be greatly appreciated.

There are alot of books in that list, can you tell me where to start if i wanted to learn more about Quant finance and finance modeling, because this all kind of new to me.

Ken

Why do you recommend Accounting as the number one thing to know above all else for a quant?

Back