• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB MFE Berkeley MFE 2012 session Round 2 Admission updates

Hello,
Has anybody received interview invites for Round 2 application in HAAS.

Just got mine 5 minutes ago...not too happy with myself :(
Now we wait...
45minutes over the phone, tech questions (finance, stats, brain teaser)

Just got mine 5 minutes ago...not too happy with myself :(
Now we wait...
45minutes over the phone, tech questions (finance, stats, brain teaser)
Was the interviewer a current student with the same background as you?

Was the interviewer a current student with the same background as you?
Nope:
-he was not a student anymore (he was from the 2010-2011 promotion)
-he had a different background

Nope:
-he was not a student anymore (he was from the 2010-2011 promotion)
-he had a different background

I wonder how difficult are the questions.
For example, in Statistics, do they ask about simple questions(gaussian distribution,parametric tests) or more elaborated questions(non parametric tests, regression, least squared methods, etc.) ?

I wonder how difficult are the questions.
For example, in Statistics, do they ask about simple questions(gaussian distribution,parametric tests) or more elaborated questions(non parametric tests, regression, least squared methods, etc.) ?

OH ANYTHING BUT LEAST SQUARE METHODS, MY VIRGIN EYES

More info from anyone ?
I had a second technical interview last Saturday, no more news since then

@Jojo, unfortunately it means that if I complete all these requisites, they will look again at my application but admission is not guaranteed...

@Jojo, unfortunately it means that if I complete all these requisites, they will look again at my application but admission is not guaranteed...

Why is they asking for a course in PDE or Numerical Analysis? I mean in your French engineering school, you already took these courses right?

So I guess you are heading to LSE or Imperial !?

@Moumou, yep I took these courses at Centrale (name of my school) and before to prepare the entrance exam.

I'll be heading to LSE or Imperial but I'm still struggling to make a choice... LSE program is purely maths and with no prior experience in finance, I'm afraid that I won't take completely benefit from the program. Also, Imperial's career service (well, their Business School career service actually) seems quite good: they keep posting about their recent meetings with future potential employers on the facebook group for the offer holders.
So no final decision yet...

Back