• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB MFE Berkeley MFE 2012 session Round 3 Admission updates

Hi, I'm applying for the MFE Prrogram round 3, which has a deadline this friday.

Could you tell me who has a response from Berkeley?

I'm still under review, 1 technical interview 3 weeks ago.

Cheers!

When did you have your interview? how much time did past to receive a response?
Thanks!

Thanks for your response June. Could you tell me if in your case was recommended to take some course? the pre-program? or another ?

Yes the pre-program courses. I think they send that to everyone even if you have had some experience/background.

Ok, I supposed, but I don't know why they put you Hold and at the same time recommend you to take that program

Why? because the preprogram begins on January (until March), a few weeks before start the program. So, you must wait until the last time for a response??

In my case I had the same situation, put Hold and take de preprogram course, but if the situation is like I described before, I think to leave the application process. I know a lot people who were accepted together to suggestion to take the preprogram course.

Well we can do the pre-program courses online. The lectures are recorded and we will be able to watch them anytime we want.

Talking with office admission, thet told me that online and in-class preprogram courses are held at the same time. So, it's true that we must wait until the last day to get a final response...

In my case I declined

Really? I was told that the classes will be recorded and left online for some time so that overseas students don't have to lose sleep over them. Anyway, good luck for your interview with other schools!

Has anyone been asked to re take the GRE to improve the verbal - writting part to 70% percentile minimum?
Do you think they could decide not to take you anymore if you retake it and do not reach this level?

For me, I was told to either improve the essay score for GMAT or retake the GRE. I just took my GRE and I got a killer essay question so I think I'm not going to do well. Anyway, the GMAT/GRE is just a part of your application. UCB looks at you overall application when they decide on whether to admit you or not.

Back