• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

C++ Online Programming Cert Testimonials

I first heard about this course from people who have been enrolled in or have graduated from MFE programs. I also applied for MFE programs this year, and I was unfortunately waitlisted by the CMU MSCF program. Therefore, I decided to take this course to not only further strengthen my computer science skills but also hope that I could submit the certificate as supplemental material for my application. Overall, I think the course is really helpful and is much more structured than the courses I have previously taken at college. I also really like the parts that apply C++ programming to finance-related concepts, which I think will be very helpful for my future graduate studies and career. I think I will definitely recommend this course to other students who want to pursue a similar path!

The first 2 levels of the course can be quite tough, especially as a beginner to programming. However, there is lots of support from the TAs and vast backlog of forum questions from students in your shoes to help get through the learning curve a lot quicker than otherwise possible. Best feature by far is the exercises, really focus in on those and progress is guaranteed. Also a very insightful final level to put everything together in a large, applied project.

The main reason why I choose to study this course is that I plan to apply for the graduate program of financial engineering in the United States in the future. Since there is no doubt that C++ is a very important language for this course, I need to find a chance to learn it systematically. Since my undergraduate courses did not specifically focus on this aspect, and I noticed this course when I looked up the ranking of quantnet's graduate programs, I chose to study it.
Frankly speaking, learning this course has been challenging for me, and sometimes it takes me some time and energy to complete it. However, after I actually completed the course, the harvest was still great.

Very good course! Strongly recommended.
As a junior student pursuing a primary major in mathematics and a secondary major in Economics, I am keenly aware of the trifecta of skills required for a quantitative researcher: mathematics, coding, and finance. Among these, my coding abilities lag behind my mathematical proficiency. Nevertheless, I harbor a profound passion for coding and have made efforts to self-study C++. Regrettably, my self-taught efforts fell short of systematic mastery. For instance, while I knew to create a vector of integers using 'vector<int>', the underlying mechanism of generic coding remained a mystery to me. In fact, I was oblivious to this crucial gap in my knowledge, to the point where I had contemplated skipping this fundamental course and jumping straight into an 'Advanced C++' class. How naive that sounds now! Fortunately, I chose to complete this course, and I am immensely grateful for the solid foundation it has provided in building my C++ skills.
In this course, the content is meticulously organized, with the difficulty level gradually ramping up, ensuring a smooth learning curve. Professor Daniel's lectures are exceptionally clear and insightful, enabling students to gain a wealth of knowledge simply by watching the videos. Sir APallay and the other TA are incredibly helpful, always providing prompt assistance and feedback. The entire team creates an environment that is conducive to learning, making this course an invaluable asset.
I strongly recommend this course to all friends who aspire to deepen their understanding of C++, or who are intent on pursuing a career in quantitative finance, or incoming students interested in MFE. This will be a sure-win decision!

Back