• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

C++ or C# for excel

Hello! I need a suggestion regarding the ease of C++ or C# defined functions with which I can interact with excel. I'm not currently aware of the issue how I can use the C++ or C# library in excel. So your advice will be of much value for me. Which libraries are more easily manageable in excel? Thanks a lot in advance

Thanks Mr Dominic. I have walked through your posts and other member's opinions here and decided to switch to C++ again. I have a basic and I'd say quite a deep knowledge of C++. I'll be using both C++ and C# on a parallel. Hope I won't have the syntax confusion problems.

Hi Tstone DominiConnor is absolutely right. I have done couple of C#-excel applications if you have question let me know I would be happy to help you.

Hi Tstone DominiConnor is absolutely right. I have done couple of C#-excel applications if you have question let me know I would be happy to help you.

Thanks. That's very kind of you. I was asking because I have learned C# and I'm going to switch to C++ soon and start learning it. I know quite a lot in C++ also so I think it won't take me long to finish studding basic materials. I asked that question because I have to write some excel applications, specifically classes of functions those will be used in excel. And I wondered which was the language to go with. Thank you very much. If I need help in some particular details, I will let you know.

Back