• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Can someone rank positions and companies ?

In terms of salary, potential to grow within the company, etc.

For example, I've heard the European banks pay less than the US BB banks. And Model validation /market risk make less than developers. Thanks!

And what are the exit opportunities for the different positions?

the only appeal of quant finance for many is the salary. Now that I have moved closer to data science, I stopped wondering about pay as much as I used to. Finance is not winning this battle against typical tech companies . . .

The difference in roles/banks within any given area is negligible.

Front office pays better than back/middle office but you work ~3 hours more a day (or more) and must perform stronger to get promoted (or not get fired).

If you want to get super rich and you are super smart go to some hedge fund, get lucky that they have an amazing year, and make a cool million.

Or, if you are like the rest of us and want a nice, stable, good paying job, just find an area of finance that interests you and have a nice career :).

Back