• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Career Advice

Good Morning guys,

I am currently working as an Investment Banking Analyst in a prestigious boutique based in Madrid. However, I want to change my career to a more quantitative field like quantitative finance (trading, research or asset management).

I just should be honest with myself, I have a Bachelor of Finance from a prestigious university in Spain ( Spain does not have any top university such as Oxford, Cambridge, etc.) but a Bachelor of Finance is not enough to become a quant.

To follow my dream, I have decided to come back again to university to study a Bachelor of applied statistics. In addition, I passed FRM and CFA L1 last year. The program covers stochastic calculus, linear algebra, time series, and programming (C++, R, Python, GRETL, SPSS, etc.)

Do you think that this is a good idea?

PD: I know that M&A is prestigious and well-respected, however is not a place for me (hours, people, etc)

Like Varun mentioned, it's probably better to get into an MFE program. Your second bachelor seems like it would lay a good foundation for MFE. But if you took some quantitative courses in your Bachelor of Finance, I'd suggest try for a Masters program instead of a second bachelor.

Back