• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Certificate in Financial Engineering through CVN Columbia

Hi,
I am looking for an distance learning course to improve my skills in quantitative finance. Currently I am holding an undergradute degree in B.A. and a master degree in Finance/Banking, while working in a risk management department of a bank. Although I am not directly faced with quant/programming tasks in my actual role, I want to improve my understanding for quantitative finance topics to get a better insight. Ti improve my skills here I found the online certificate Financial Engineering at Columbia. Has anybody experiences with this course?How is it accepted within the financial industry in Europe? Is it possible to pass this programm while working full-time in the job?
As I have already read in this forum someone advise to go through the MS of Operational Research as it would end with a Master degree instead of having only an certificate in view of the acceptance in the financial world?

Furhtermore it would be good to know, whether there are any other alternatives in the market with similar settings...here I found the postgraduate degree in QF from University of Londons`s distance learning programme...http://www.londoninternational.ac.u.../postgraduate/soas/quan_fin_pgdip/index.shtml. But I have never heard from these programme before? How is it repuation?
Are there any other alternatives which should be in my focus?

Many thanks in advance.

Back