• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

CFA+MBA dual degree programs.

I am in UK doing masters in finance and investment and I want to do CFA+MBA dual degree program offered by LSB.

I wanted to know whether any university in US offers such programs?

I did google search on it. Keller institute of management was the only I found.

Any other Universities/Institution you know of?

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

I also want to know whether I can simply get a student visa for doing CFA in US?

CFA is not a degree, it's a professional certification. You don't need to school to get one.

CFA is not a degree, it's a professional certification. You don't need to school to get one.

Ya, I know that. So probably I won't get a visa to do CFA from US.

MBA+CFA program in US?

Again, IMHO, this MBA+CFA is just a gimmick. The school is not going to give you a CFA certification when you graduate.

where are you from? what do you do? I can probably try to explain it in something more familiar to you.

Again, IMHO, this MBA+CFA is just a gimmick. The school is not going to give you a CFA certification when you graduate.

The program basically says earn your MBA degree while doing CFA. London School of Business is known as one of the best schools. So I guess the program is genuine.

I don't know if any business schools in US offers such similar course.

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

where are you from? what do you do? I can probably try to explain it in something more familiar to you.

I am from India but currently doing Msc. Finance and Investment from University of Essex, UK.

Dude, LBS is a partner institute of CFA which means that they cover at least 70% of the CFA syllabus if you take the Finance courses at LBS. But they cannot award the CFA. Anyway, if you get the MBA degree from LBS, all the other qualifications like CFA, PhD, etc are all meaningless and will all have much less value as compared to the value of the LBS MBA degree. Compared to the LBS MBA degree the CFA is basically worthless.

Back