• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

CMU MSCF CMU MSCF Interview

What are the timelines for CMU? Haven't seen any update regarding interview invites on any thread or on any tracker.

I just finished my interview in the last week. Not sure about the acceptance rate after an interview.

Anyone got their interview in the last few days? Is there still a chance or ship has sailed?

Since decisions are released on specifically March 1st in one batch, does this mean that applicants who have not received interview invites are likely to receive a rejection? Does anyone know if CMU's MSCF program gives offers without interviews?

Since decisions are released on specifically March 1st in one batch, does this mean that applicants who have not received interview invites are likely to receive a rejection? Does anyone know if CMU's MSCF program gives offers without interviews?
My friend,2025 class of MSCF, got interview invite at 2/20/2023. And it also would be possible for them to put you into the WL.

Last edited:
My friend,2025 class of MSCF, got interview invite at 2/20/2023, which you can think it would be the last round of interview call. And it also would be possible for them to put you into the WL.
That's disappointing to hear, but thanks for sharing that info anyway.

I do not recall where, on their website or on some standard mail, they do say that interviews can take place up until the first of March as well. I have heard that it is a very small team that goes through all the applications. So it is best to sit tight and wait. Anything can happen.

Did anyone else hear back from them? Is there any correlation between when we receive the 'Under review' email and the interview invite?

I haven't heard from them yet. However, it seems that the number of interview invitations of MSCF is not too much compared to other programs this year... I don't know why.

Back