• View the 2024 QuantNet ranking of the Best UK Quant MSc Programs.

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

CMU MSCF CMU MSCF Round 1 (Class joining 2013)

Has anyone, who applied in round 1, heard back from CMU MSCF ?

hawkchen Do you know by when CMU sends out interview invitations for Round 1 ? They have to give out results by Jan 31 & they have not even started sending interview invites !!!

Also, I have heard that almost 90% (or atleast a LARGE %) of those who get interview, are accepted into the program. Have you heard similar reviews about CMU ??

Andy Nguyen Would you have any stats on CMU by different rounds ? I mean, how many people applied for round 1, how many were interviewed & how many accepted ? (or atleast how many applied & how many were interviewed) ?

Would be extremely helpful since CMU does not seem to have sent out interview invitations yet even for Round 1 applicants, whereas they have to declare Round 1 decisions by Jan 31. The anxiety is too much to bear :(

Thanks !

Hey shweta, I took a look at the tracker for the 2012 stats, and it seems ppl that applyed for the 1st deadline got interviewed by jan 16-18, so they should be sending invites soon, I guess. Since they postponed the deadline to ppl affected by Sandy, maybe they are a little behind schedule, who knows?
Go run or do some exercises. this will help you cope with anxiety better.
Good luck to you and me.

I don't hear anything too.
My friend from MSCF told me that applicants who get interview will mostly be admitted if they don't show any serious problem like mental illness during the interview.

Let's wait.......:whistle:

Just received the invitation. Though I heard similar comments on the high possibility to be admitted to the program after the interview, I still would recommand an efficient and exhaustive preparation for it. Good Luck.
hawkchen Do you know by when CMU sends out interview invitations for Round 1 ? They have to give out results by Jan 31 & they have not even started sending interview invites !!!

Also, I have heard that almost 90% (or atleast a LARGE %) of those who get interview, are accepted into the program. Have you heard similar reviews about CMU ??

When is the last date for the invites? does anyone know? eagerly waiting for the invite...

past cmu chat info reveals that invites can be sent up till the last day of decision deadline. also, some may be admitted without interviews.

Got one today as well and looking forward to it. Will I know whether it is Gwen or Rick beforehand?

Hi Shweta, could you please tell when they sent out the invite. Given it's sunday, I wonder if they are working.

The wait is killing me.

Back