• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MAFN Columbia MAFN

the program coordinator

Just got a waitlist, has anyone got the same? Based on the past year results, seems like a lot of people that got admitted received a waitlist first.
Me too. They put me on the waitlist.
They stated "The Mathematics with a Specialization in the Mathematics of Finance Admissions Committee admitted only a small fraction of applicants this year. The responses to our initial offers of admission are being monitored closely. Please be aware that the final decision on your application may not be made for several weeks." But I'm not sure what's going on lol

Me too. They put me on the waitlist.
They stated "The Mathematics with a Specialization in the Mathematics of Finance Admissions Committee admitted only a small fraction of applicants this year. The responses to our initial offers of admission are being monitored closely. Please be aware that the final decision on your application may not be made for several weeks." But I'm not sure what's going on lol
that statement is the same as last year. Feel like it’s just a template

Just got a waitlist, has anyone got the same? Based on the past year results, seems like a lot of people that got admitted received a waitlist first.
I also got onto the waitlist, and that’s what I thought so. It’s a good sign. Hoping for the best!

How's the placement for the program? I saw that employment rates are only 55% for US (3 months) and its been consistent over the past few years.

Last edited:
How's the placement for the program? I saw that employment rates are only 55% for US (3 months) and its been consistent over the past few years.
Same question, but I did hear that the career service in MAFN is much better than Columbia's MFE

Did anyone receive an update? And were there updates to the waitlists?

Hi @dudepc , do you have the employment report?
I don't, but I've heard from a lot of alumni saying Columbia's MFE has literally 0 career service, and MAFN has a better career service compared to MFE. (take it with a grain of salt)

Back