• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MSc Financial Economics Class of 2016

I applied as well. Heard nothing from the adcom yet... I submitted on Jan 5. Do you guys have any updates? This program seems to have a very small admitted class.

"MSc in Financial Economics"? I'm at Columbia now, and I've never even heard of this one... good lord :confused: What's the Mandarin for "foreigners about to get massively ripped off by the American education system"?...

"MSc in Financial Economics"? I'm at Columbia now, and I've never even heard of this one... good lord :confused: What's the Mandarin for "foreigners about to get massively ripped off by the American education system"?...
Because this program's size is too small? :confused:

it's a master in finance with more economics courses I guess.
I tried to check it out on their website but it's got barely any information available on it.
that's a shame, seems like it's a backdoor to their mba in finance I presume.
I'd be interested for people who are also interested in academic research in finance more than managerial position with a Columbia stamp on it.

actually if you read carefully, the interviews for the past two years took place during early Feb and decisions came out late Feb.
the interview invites seem to be on the last Friday of Jan. However, it is possible that they delay slightly this year due to the winterstorm.

actually if you read carefully, the interviews for the past two years took place during early Feb and decisions came out late Feb.
the interview invites seem to be on the last Friday of Jan. However, it is possible that they delay slightly this year due to the winterstorm.

^ what forum did you get that form?

chasedream.
if you read all the posts abt this program, in 2013, there was at least one post abt getting admitted to the program on Feb 16. and there was another post which had many comments regarding gettting interview invites on Feb 1 (China time which was Jan 31 in NYC). in 2014, there was a post dated around Feb 20; in that post, one person claims that at least three ppl got acceptance emails already by that time (some claimed to be interviewd on Feb 6th.) they even wrote down the interviewer's name.
i guess that interview invites will be out this coming week if the past two years pattern stays the same (my sixth sense tells me it may be tmr or Tuesday).

Back