• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

course work load

Hello,

I am considering taking the course before the school starts in September but I currently have a full time job. I have decent programming background but have not used it in development for a long time. How much work load is expected to successfully complete the course (hrs/week)?

Thank you
Eric

Hi Eric,
Do you mean the QN C++ course? Yes, OK.

I think most students manage it in the 16 weeks. But maybe others know better.

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply. That is what I hear from students but I wouldn't know how much hour they put in during that 16 weeks. I have to work during the day and I also need some time for reading and might take a course. I would like to know if I can learn properly without stressing over it.

Thank you
Eric

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply. That is what I hear from students but I wouldn't know how much hour they put in during that 16 weeks. I have to work during the day and I also need some time for reading and might take a course. I would like to know if I can learn properly without stressing over it.

Thank you
Eric

Hi Eric,

I took this course while I was a full time student last year. I used to spend about 1 day per weekend studying for the course (apart from around midterms and finals) and took the full 16 weeks to complete the course. When I started the course I had very little programming background (just a beginners course in Java) so definitely took my time with the lectures and exercises to make sure that I understood everything. I think if you have a decent programming background and are able to set aside a block of hours each week to focus on this course, you should easily be able to complete it within the 16 week time frame.

Hope this helps!
Justine

Back