• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Cpp financial engineering - last updated/revised

All good tutors regulalry update and revise their course content based in industry developments and student feedback.
When was this course last revised (I looked at the first two sections when I joined this site ~ a year ago) and how has it been made better?

In a philosophical sense? Well standing still is moving backwards is it not?
What are the students saying? What about updates to Boost since 2011.What about C++11?
I looked at the first levels in C - maybe some of its primitive aspects such as IO can be dispensed with in such a course?

In a philosophical sense? Well standing still is moving backwards is it not?
What are the students saying? What about updates to Boost since 2011.What about C++11?
I looked at the first levels in C - maybe some of its primitive aspects such as IO can be dispensed with in such a course?
Not in a 'philosophical' sense, but more concrete metrics. Your questions are good.

Regarding the first 2 modules .. we have deliberately discussed C since it is a good preparation for C++.

C++11/C++14 is the new standard indeed. It is a bridge too far if you are a novice or have no prior programming experience. Of course, the transition C++98 --> C++11 is probably needed if you want to keep up with the new developments.

I suspect very few production libraries use C++11 although this will probably change in the future.

Datasim Financial | Resources for Computational Finance |
Fundamentals of C++11

What are the students saying?
See the QN site for the appropriate thread.

Last edited:
Well standing still is moving backwards is it not?

Depends.
We have to hasten slowly. Some things remain the same.

Back