• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Cross Gamma

hi .. I am trying to understand the impact of using incorrect correlation values in pricing .. assuming I have a multi asset option and I delta and gamma hedge it then the PnL shld come purely from covariance PnL .. cld someone help me how to quantify this PnL .. and suppose if I Vega hedge it then I get pure correlation PnL .. how do I quantify how off am I from the real correlation value ..

can you provide me one counter party who will trade this multi asset option with you

The idea here is not to create a new product .. multi asset options and correlation based products both are traded in the mkt .. I am doing a study to analyse how much conservative quotes for correlation are being used to price these multi asset options .. hence want to see the PnL from the cross gamma ..

The idea here is not to create a new product .. multi asset options and correlation based products both are traded in the mkt .. I am doing a study to analyse how much conservative quotes for correlation are being used to price these multi asset options .. hence want to see the PnL from the cross gamma ..

I think you just treat it like normal single underlying gamma, except the term is cross gamma = d^2 C / dX1 dX2 ... then pnl on the cross gamma is just 1/2 * change in X1 * change in X2 * cross gamma

Back