• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Download historical interest rate data

Anyone here uses interest rate data at work?
The usual setup at a trading desk is that you will hook up to a database that contain the IR curves owned by the desks using IR curves (equity hybrid desk, IR desk,etc). You can then pull out daily IR curves, swap rate, etc from this table. Some database even contain the rates going back dozen years.
Now, besides this internal source of data, I'm interested in other alternative sources that I can programmatically pull the data from.
Any free data that I can pull from the web?

US Treasury interest rate data

Hi Andy,

Give these a try perhaps?

U.S. Treasury - Daily Treasury Yield Curve

If you find any others, particularly UK treasury data in a similar format, please let me know, I'm currently working on a project for my thesis that requires it. I'm *hoping* I can get this out of a Bloomberg system at my uni, their installs of DataStream and CompuStat don't appear to have what I am looking for ....

Cheers

Back