• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Education Advice - MA, PHd, MFE, etc.

I am currently an analyst for a small boutique investment firm in the Bay Area. I graduated with a degree in Finance and Political Science 3 years ago and am interested in beefing-up my quantitative background.

I have a very limited background in math. I took two semesters of Calculus in college, and 2 semesters of Statistics - very cursory knowledge. I am interested in pursuing a Masters program of some sort in an effort to become either a Quant or at the very least improve my current skill-set.

I have researched MFE programs and they all require Differential Equations, Linear Algebra, and Numerical Analysis to even be considered. When I spoke with an admissions officer they said that you need much more than that. As a result, I have explored getting my MA in Applied Math from University of Washington via their online program.

My question is this: Does this track make sense? Do you have any advice?

Much thanks.

Back