• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Financial Instrument pricing using C++ - problems?

Hi all,

I'm thinking of buying this Daniel Duffy 's book. According to the table of contents it seems it's a very useful book.

However, I read on Amazon that the code has problems and also it seems that it's not working properly with actual versions of Visual Studio.

Also I wonder if with Egor Kraev's website all this problems are solved.

Any thoughts? any alternative to this book?

Thanks ans regards

btw, is this book the natural step of Introduction to C++ for Financial Engineers?

Hi all,

I'm thinking of buying this Daniel Duffy 's book. According to the table of contents it seems it's a very useful book.

However, I read on Amazon that the code has problems and also it seems that it's not working properly with actual versions of Visual Studio.

Also I wonder if with Egor Kraev's website all this problems are solved.

Any thoughts? any alternative to this book?

Thanks ans regards

btw, is this book the natural step of Introduction to C++ for Financial Engineers?

I would wait until the 2nd edition comes out(later this year), it will be VS2010/2011 and C++ 11 compatible.

But the structure of the new book will be kind of similar. All the numerics are the same. And I have lots of design patterns + code.

So, all the code in 1st edition is now seamlessly done in Boost.
It is the follow-up to the Introduction book.

Other C++ authors are Joshi, London, and that's about the long and the short of it. It is a lonely place. :D

http://www.datasimfinancial.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=11&sid=1236ae0faa69be06e57491a071291005

2nd edition sounds interesting Daniel Duffy. C+11 and boost :)

JLMARTIN I have the 1st edition, and it is a good read. I prefer not to copy code verbatim, so I have not encountered any problems so far (though I use gcc not VS2010). Though I haven't read the whole book by a long shot.

I also have Mark Joshi's book and that too is quite a nice read.

Daniel, I'm waiting for your another book - C# for Financial Markets
When do you think it become available to purchase?

Daniel, I'm waiting for your another book - C# for Financial Markets
When do you think it become available to purchase?
Hi Ilya,
We are in a *very* advanced stage. So, it's a matter of a few months now:)

Thanks for your patience.

The comments on the wilmot forum suggest it is best to avoid London's book

Actually, the book contains a lot of formulae etc. based on other sources.
But the code is unfortunately another story, as reported on Wilmott.

Back