• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Fundamental question about Visual studio

I cannot choose "Start without Debugging" when I open the project I previously created on visual studio Express 2012 . I did the following steps. Could you give me advice?

1. Launch visual studio Express 2012 (I use Mac and parallel desktop)
2. Open the project from "File" => "Open Project".
3. Open the test file which includes main function from the Solution Explorer.
4. Try to select "DEBUG" => "Start without Debugging" but it is in the status of grayout and I cannot choose it.

Thank you for your advice in advance.

I cannot choose "Start without Debugging" when I open the project I previously created on visual studio Express 2012 . I did the following steps. Could you give me advice?

1. Launch visual studio Express 2012 (I use Mac and parallel desktop)
2. Open the project from "File" => "Open Project".
3. Open the test file which includes main function from the Solution Explorer.
4. Try to select "DEBUG" => "Start without Debugging" but it is in the status of grayout and I cannot choose it.

Thank you for your advice in advance.
Are all your files included in the project?

I am not sure what I did but now I can choose "Start without Debugging".
BTW, when I open the project which file I should open first, "XXXXX.sln", "XXXXX. vcxproj" or other file? (XXXX is a project name). (This time I opened "XXXXX.sln")

I will report again if I have same issue.

Back