• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Have anyone heard of XR trading company?

Dear my friends, I am recently applying for XR trading company's junior trader internship. I was trying to find out more about the firm, such as their strategies, products they trade and their firm culture. But it seems there is not anything available on Google. So I am wondering if any of you have any experience with this firm? Any insight will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Best

They're a Chicago prop trading firm that uses open source software and produce nothing open source in return (according to my mentor anyway). They have some values written over placards all over the office, don't tolerate cursing, and put you on a non-compete from the exit of any full-time position. Interviewed there once, got a big arrogant b/c I thought I had fallback options that weren't as solid as I thought, and got rejected. Expect programming assessments.

They're a Chicago prop trading firm that uses open source software and produce nothing open source in return (according to my mentor anyway). They have some values written over placards all over the office, don't tolerate cursing, and put you on a non-compete from the exit of any full-time position. Interviewed there once, got a big arrogant b/c I thought I had fallback options that weren't as solid as I thought, and got rejected. Expect programming assessments.

Thanks. There are just so many prop trading firm out there. Besides those big names, not sure how those small firms are doing.

Back