• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Help! Undergraduate Quant Interview!

In general, does anyone know what type of questions are asked to undergraduates for research positions ?

everything in "heard on the street' and then some.
What type of research position-what will you actually be doing? coding, stats, hft?
which fund?
Questions asked will depend on your background and the fund.

She's only 19 - so sophomore - so I think she means university research? Or am I wrong and you mean internship?

This is for an actual internship, I think i'll be constructing models or assisting other quants in a variety of things.

with all due respect, what sort of fund hires 19-year-old undergrads to construct models?
You're probably right, I think it'll just be simple regression analysis or doing market research. Damn! I was really hoping they would ask me to price options, I put that as my expertise on my resume lol. They will be disappointed. I just know Hull.

Back