• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

How many programmers are on Quantnet?

Well, Emacs is powerful in many ways, but try copying text that spans more than one screen and you'll know what i mean. even notepad is not that stupid... or maybe its just my version of emacs thats ridiculous... anyways.. ill leave it here

Well, Emacs is powerful in many ways, but try copying text that spans more than one screen and you'll know what i mean.

Emacs 23.3.1 (on Linux): Press Ctrl+space at the start of region of text I intend to copy, press Ctrl+v several times to select several screens of text, press Alt+w to copy text, move cursor to where I want to insert text, press Ctrl+y to paste - all fine. Don't really know what sort of problem you could have faced here... Maybe you should check section 3.9 here if you find copy-paste problematic in Emacs?

Back