• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

I want to be a quant developer which masters is more suited for me?

Is there a difference between computational finance and risk management and financial engineering
Looking into these programs which would be more suited for an aspring quant developer like me :))
1. University of Oxford: MSc in Mathematical and Computational Finance
2. Imperial College London: MSc Risk Management & Financial Engineering
3. UCL: MSc Financial Mathematics
4. King’s College London: MSc Computational Finance
5. Imperial College London: MSc in Mathematics and Finance
6. UCL: MSc Computatipnal finance

I believe none of these programs might be the perfect fit for you. Instead, it could be more beneficial to pursue an advanced computer science degree that focuses deeply on computational efficiency and machine learning software engineering.

Although Computational Finance includes "computational" in its name, it often focuses on the numerical solutions aspects of the mathematics behind finance, such as the Euler scheme for solving SDEs or advances in financial ML, rather than on high-performance parallel and distributed systems crucial for HFT.

Back