• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Imperial, Oxford, LSE 2024 applications

Hey, applied to Oxford and Imperial.
Did you get an answer from Imperial? I applied early December, and my app. is under review.
Imperial sent me an offer a few days after the status changed to 'review in progress'. I heard this is a sign of an of an offer, but take my word with a grain of salt. Good luck!

Last edited:
Imperial sent me an offer a few days after the status changed to 'review in progress'. I heard this is a sign of an of an offer, but take my word with a grain of salt. Good luck!
Thanks for your response! Out of curiosity, how do you know that review in progress is a proxy for a potential offer?
Thanks

nice, anyone knows no of applicants for this year's oxford mcf?
I reached out asking them if they can respond before my other admission offer deadline and they said they had 700 applicants this year. They asked me to contact them again closer to the deadline.

its a very theoretical course. so a good number enters phd from there. i think im going to accept imperial's one since its in london area.

its a very theoretical course. so a good number enters phd from there. i think im going to accept imperial's one since its in london area.
What condition did imperial set for you? It requires me to get 80% in my final year which I am not sure if I can achieve.

Same. I think it’s standard across all applicants I think Oxford needs first though for their offers but not too sure.

Edit: tho id say imperial will be more practical and useful for quant...

Last edited:
Same. I think it’s standard across all applicants I think Oxford needs first though for their offers but not too sure.

Edit: tho id say imperial will be more practical and useful for quant...
Yeah, Oxford's typical offer only requires achieving first class degree overall, but I think Imperial's condition varies from institution. I have heard they set 80% in final year for students from Edinburg/Bristol/UCL/LSE, first class degree for Imperial students and 85% or 90% for students from some other institution.

Back