• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

In london, how difficult for a Warwick financial math PhD to find a quant job

I heard that, in London, the quant recruiters prefer students from oxbridge, and london universities. Does Warwick Math PhD students have a disadvantage position in the application?

How difficult for a Warwick financial math PhD students to find a quant intern, and to find a quant job finally? Math, C++, and brain teaser won't be a problem for me. I only worry that the market is so competitive.

Thanks a lot,

Just give it a try. Oxbridge has a big name in UK. I am going to do master in one of them, but its not essential to graduate from there. You will not lose anything in the application process.

Oxbridge + Imperial/UCL are the main ones. In all honesty though, in the UK, only going to Oxbridge gives you maximum kudos. It's Oxbridge + 'the rest'.

Oxbridge + Imperial/UCL are the main ones. In all honesty though, in the UK, only going to Oxbridge gives you maximum kudos. It's Oxbridge + 'the rest'.

Thanks for your reply, Barny, for quant developer jobs, do they accept any major from OXbridge ? I am going to spent one-year master in Cam, but in computational biology. How is London quant job market this year ? EU economy really gets a problem.

I heard that, in London, the quant recruiters prefer students from oxbridge, and london universities. Does Warwick Math PhD students have a disadvantage position in the application?

How difficult for a Warwick financial math PhD students to find a quant intern, and to find a quant job finally? Math, C++, and brain teaser won't be a problem for me. I only worry that the market is so competitive.

Thanks a lot,

If you have a (applied?) Maths PhD and C++, why not look around and see which direction the industry is moving?

Thanks for your reply, Barny, for quant developer jobs, do they accept any major from OXbridge ? I am going to spent one-year master in Cam, but in computational biology. How is London quant job market this year ? EU economy really gets a problem.

For quant developer jobs, you need to be a good coder. As far as credentials go, computational biology @ Cantab is fine.

No idea on the job market. Probably shit, which is why I'd rather do anything else than work as a quant in the current climate.

For quant developer jobs, you need to be a good coder. As far as credentials go, computational biology @ Cantab is fine.

No idea on the job market. Probably shit, which is why I'd rather do anything else than work as a quant in the current climate.

My coding skills is quite strong, my first degree is computer science. But to be honest, my math is bad, I only have one calculus module before. My statistics is quite strong as well. Not sure whats going to happen.

Back