• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Industrial Engineering toward Financial Engineering

Hi,
I am looking for PhD in Quant Finance but I wish to chose a safer way so that I increase my chances of admit as well as funding. Since I dont think I will be able to get in Quant Finance without research and quality experience I am looking to go through a mid way as my earlier research has been in reliability of nano devices.
My profile: GRE 158v+162Q, CFA L1 pass, FRM L1 pass, SAS base pass. BS Electrical, one year Post grad diploma in Finance. In next 6 months: giving CFA l2, FRM L2, SAS certifications.
I am stading in mid way of Nanotech/EE vs Finance but am sure that I want to stay in QF no matter how tough life gets :)

I have selected a few programs and needs some feedback, please advice me on:
IIT PhD Math Finance (NJ)
U of Vir PhD Industrial Engg spez Finance (NJ)
U of Florida PhD Industrial Engg spez Finance
U of Central Florida PhD Finance
Stony Brook PhD Quant Finance
FSU Math Finance
Binghamtpn PhD industrial Engg spez Finance

I am lookin for safe universities. Do you think I should regive GRE for 166-170 Q score?

Thanks in Advance.

Hi Alain, that was a typo. Sorry about that.
I was not able to edit it after posting, otherwise would have corrected that.

Please give me your views on which directions should I take.

Thanks in Advance!!!

Any idea about Queen'c College at NY?
What is rank of Los angeles in Finance? After NY Chicago Washigton is it LA?
Where are the Quant Risk jobs after NY? CA?

Back