• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

CMU MSCF Interview Invitations, Anyone?

Wowbagger

Earning Theta
Wondering if they have started sending out invitations yet. My page still says "Under review". What about you?

Thanks a ton, Andy. I was going by MIT's processing speed, I guess :oops:

Another question, Andy Nguyen - does CMU interview everyone they admit, like MIT? Or are there students who get in even without an interview?

It was by email. They have asked me to suggest a few interview dates in the next two weeks, and they will choose the one most suitable. Will ask them about how many applications etc. and get back.

It was by email. They have asked me to suggest a few interview dates in the next two weeks, and they will choose the one most suitable. Will ask them about how many applications etc. and get back.
If haven't got the email, wonder whether that means got kicked out already:(

If you could, would you please ask whether they have sent out all the interview invitations already? Thanks so much!

I'll ask them if I talk to them, although I think they'd respond better to Andy Nguyen. Don't give up hope just yet, universities usually send out invites in batches :)

Andy, any news on this? :)

all of your questions are best directed to the admissions office, as neither wowbagger nor andy have access to that information. however, i would strongly urge you not to hassle them with your questions, as knowing the number of students they decide to interview won't shed any light on your personal situation. andy has done a great job getting a lot of application numbers for schools, and cmu posts its class size on its website, so you can probably do a few calculations to infer how many interviews occur. additionally, from past years, people have mentioned rolling interview invites.

you will find out the decision by the date posted. and yes, you can probably infer that things didn't go so well if you weren't called an interview and it's a few days before the 1/30/12 deadline.

Wondering if anybody got interview invitation last week for R1. I see many applications but only two person got interview invite.
Does anybody has news if all invites for R1 are sent?
I tried calling CMU yesterday, but nobody answered.

It seems that CMU merely sent a batch of interviews on January 6th... no more then...

Wowbagger: Best of luck for your interview today (y)
Please post your interview experience and , if possible, please ask them if they sent out all invites.

Back