• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

[Job] [Contract] Backtest a strategy

I am hiring for a short-term contract assignment. My previous post was removed for some reason, but this is a legitimate offer to get paid to help me craft a strategy that I will trade with my own money.

Project:
Backtest an equity intraday trading strategy over the S&P 500 universe since 2006 using pre-generated signals.

Scope:
- Engine: Consultant will use their own backtesting engine. Assumptions in the engine (fill rate, slippage, execution strategy, etc.) will be shared with client.
- Data: Consultant will provide their own tick or bar data. Preferably data provided is 2006 thru current day.
- Reporting: Consultant will generate a log of the daily portfolio value and shares traded log

Details:
- Client will provide a CSV file of "shares to own" (ticker, date, number of shares, and side). On each day this specifies the positions owned after all transactions.
- The "shares to own" can only be executed at the close. So you will assume market-on-close orders were placed to achieve the desired portfolio at the closing prices for that day.
- This "shares to own" CSV file will contain approximately 200 to 500 positions on any given day
- I need to test the effect of using profit stops intraday. Profit stops are specified as limit orders. Since we assumed entry via market-on-close, the profit stop for a given security = ( intraday-price - yesterdays close ) / yesterdays close >= profit % threshold. For example, a threshold might be 15 bps.
- I am looking for a realistic simulation accounting for partial fills and slippage
- At some specified time before the close (say 30 minutes), cancel all profit stops and wait for the close for the next round of market-on-close orders specified in the "shares to own" CSV file

Terms:
- Please propose a fixed-price for the project.
- 50% paid up-front and 50% paid upon successful completion.

Back