• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Life Dilemma (Journey to Quant Trading)

agb

Long story short I have decided to become a QuantTrader. I am currently 22 and I am wondering how I would pay for my education? I could take up either a job as a server/bartender or get a CSR job at a local brick and mortar bank OR I could take a small 8 month course in finance and use the job there to save up for an undergrad program. Eventually my goal would be to study and develop a algo trading system as I am studying/working in order to pay for education/bills. It would also be a great way to show that I have experience and get a job in the field eventually.

How did you guys go about it? What you would do in my shoes?
Wish me luck!

quant trading or algorithmic trading? You don't need finance. You need to start coding and learn the in/outs of exchanges.

quant trading or algorithmic trading? You don't need finance. You need to start coding and learn the in/outs of exchanges.

Isn't Quant Trading a broader term that may include algorithms?

if i were u, i would brush up my application for the undergraduate program at columbia's school of general studies. their financial aid is usually generous enough so i would worry about money later and focus on the academic first.

if i were u, i would brush up my application for the undergraduate program at columbia's school of general studies. their financial aid is usually generous enough so i would worry about money later and focus on the academic first.

That is great to know! Before I even do that though, I would rather up my high school marks. Do universities look that you went back to private school in order to do that? What grade marks do they look at and what would you average need to be? 85% minimum I would assume

Back