• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Looking for the right masters' degree

Hey,

Finally found a place where I can ask for an advice. I need to choose masters' degree to choose but I am totally confused. I will start with what I have done, what I can do and what is my interest. Please help me with suggesting and it would be awesome if you provide a brief explanation as well.

I am a Computer Science graduate. I have years of experience in HW/SW Programming, Servers/Storage, lots of Forex. Honestly, after 3 years of job experience this IT looks like a piece of cake to me and I am not even happy anymore. I am good at problem solving and management. As like everyone else I also have interest in business. Now what I want is kind of job where I study business from past data, analyse the trends of business, identify risks and investment opportunities from past data. The whole point is to mix my IT skills with some other area preferably analysis of Business or Finance.

It feels like my area to mess up my mind in. Can anybody suggest me which program I should go for in masters? I may continue until get a PhD.

Please suggest whatever you can think of. I am open to all kind of suggestions right now. Thank to all of you in advance, especially the administrator.

Regards,
Shahzad

Back