C++ Programing for Financial Engineering Online Certificate. Join hundreds of graduates from over 35 countries on 5 continents.

Advanced C++11/C++14 and Multidisciplinary Applications Online Certificate. Launched in January 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Master reading list for Quants, MFE (Financial Engineering) students

Discussion in 'Books' started by Andy Nguyen, 7/1/07.

1. vixiyu

vixiyu Member
      C++ Certified

2. Andy Nguyen

Andy Nguyen Member

That book is very old and many MBA students use it. There are more current books on that list by Wilmott, Joshi, Stefanica, etc that are more technical and useful for MFE audience.

3. vixiyu

vixiyu Member
      C++ Certified

Thanks! I am glad that I asked :)

4. Ma Chi

Ma Chi New Member

Andy, Is there any Books recommended in R?

5. Andy Nguyen

Andy Nguyen Member

@alain may know

6. Polter

Polter Active Member

Andy Nguyen likes this.
  7. Ma Chi

Ma Chi New Member

8. vixiyu

vixiyu Member
      C++ Certified

Hi, as I am reading through a MFE interview book, I become more nad more aware of my lack of knowledge in derivatives and pricing. Among all of these books listed that are related to derivatives, which one do you think will be a good start for me? Thanks so much.

9. Manish Gupta

Manish Gupta New Member

Can anyone provide guidance on when to expect results from Courant. I applied for MS in Math Fin part time. Classes start on 2nd sep..

10. Sahil Puri

Sahil Puri New Member

@Andy Nguyen , @bigbadwolf - Sorry if I'm asking a repeated question but, What books would you recommend for PDEs ? I saw books on FDM, are those good enough for pre-MFE ?

11. miigaa

miigaa New Member

I'm complete beginner in programming. What books/sources should I start to learn C++ for preparing MSFE study?

Pavankumar Surpaneni likes this.
  12. mjolewis

mjolewis Member

When you say the books are listed in order of difficulty, do you mean easiest to hardest or hardest to easiest? Also, do you know of any good books to read for FX trading?