• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MSF Profile Evaluation

Wii

Hi guys,

I'm trying to apply for 2015 MSF and I'd be really appreciated any advice or insights related to my profile.

Nationality: Chinese
School: Undergrad at Indiana University, Kelley School of Business
Major: Accounting, Finance and Technology Management
Current Undergrad GPA: 3.58
GMAT: I'll take it on October 30 and probably can get 730-750
Passed CFA Level 1 on June
Working Experience: I don't have work experience in U.S, but I did two internships in China
1. Interned as Deputy Project Manager&Data Analyst in an international Japanese firm
2. Asset Management Intern (the firm is well-known in China but not in U.S); Main responsibilities: Due Diligence and Financial Data Analysis

School I plan to apply:
MIT MFin
Vanderbilt MS in Finance
UIUC MS in Finance
Johns Hopkins University MS in Finance
Boston College MS in Finance
WUSTL MSF
USC MS in Finance (still under consideration)

I'm really interested in MIT MFin but I think my GPA is way too low for getting admitted, because the class profile of MFin states that the average GPA is 3.8. Is it still possible for me to get admitted in MIT? What is chance of getting admitted in other schools I'm going to apply?

LOL. I love how you use the same Icon on every site. I love Huskies.
Haha. I had a husky a couple of years ago, he is cute but...he destroyed every furniture I had in my rental apartment, and I got $1,000 fine. But, anyway, I love him

Haha, same as on WSO. I think you have a good profile. WUSTL and UIUC as a safety (for a Chicago play). Put an app into MIT depending on your GMAT. Vanderbilt or Claremont depending on GMAT, how you like the area and campus and if you want to get out of the Midwest.

Haha, same as on WSO. I think you have a good profile. WUSTL and UIUC as a safety (for a Chicago play). Put an app into MIT depending on your GMAT. Vanderbilt or Claremont depending on GMAT, how you like the area and campus and if you want to get out of the Midwest.
What GMAT score should I get if I really want to get in MIT ?

Didn't know about this thread before creating a new one... :oops:

Can someone please evaluate where I stand with the following profile:
1. Gmat score 710 - Quant 50 and Verbal 35 (I know it's not that good a score:cry:)
2. CFA Level 3 candidate... exam in june 2015... successfully cleared first two levels in first attempt.
3. 2.5 years of WE... in a reputed Investment Bank as a software developer (JAVA).
4. Project done in same bank in R language... related to regression analysis of financial data to perform stress analysis of different counter-parties...
5. B.Tech in Electronics and Communication from a reputed college in India (National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra) with CGPA of 9.23/10.
6. Had three mathematics subject in my undergraduate program. Scored A, A+ and A+ in each of them respectively.
7. Did my minor and major project on wireless communication in MATLAB.
8. Above 90 in mathematics in 10th class and 12th class.

Is my profile good enough to even apply for MFE?
Will gmat score of 710 hurt my application?
Can I still apply for fall 2015?

GMAT could have been better... Feeling :notworthy: at the moment... :(

Please help...

Back