• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE Need Advice: USC MFE vs NYU-POLY MFE

Hi guys,
This is my first post and definitely won't be the last one, I have been debating for a while on having an FE career, and so far got accepted to 2 programs USC and NYU-POLY, I am really unsure which one is superior. If you guys could share your opinion about which one do you think is best and why, would extremely helpful towards making my decision.
Thanks

I recently graduated from USC, and just admitted by Poly. I don't know if Poly is good or not. I'm here to find out. But USC is definitely not the place you want to go. I mean, USC is a great school. It has great professors and students. But, no jobs!!!!!

Which program at Poly? When did you apply? I'm surprised their decision came out this early this year.
MFE. I applied for spring 2012. I got the admission decision yesterday.
Andy. I read thousands of opinion about NYU-Poly. Can you please me, in your opinion, how is Poly?
Also, can a poly student transfer to Courant by any chance?

MFE. I applied for spring 2012. I got the admission decision yesterday.
Congrats. That explains why you got the decision early. Most people I see here apply for the Fall admission. It would be great if you can help out and add your timelines to our Tracker.
My understanding is with its very large class size, it focuses on teaching, not on placing the graduates so it depends on what your priority is. Is there some unique courses at Poly that you like, practitioners/academics at Poly you like to work with, etc?

You can't transfer to Courant. They are two separate programs. Some Poly students apply to NYU after one year and have to apply like everyone else.

Congrats. That explains why you got the decision early. Most people I see here apply for the Fall admission. It would be great if you can help out and add your timelines to our Tracker.
My understanding is with its very large class size, it focuses on teaching, not on placing the graduates so it depends on what your priority is. Is there some unique courses at Poly that you like, practitioners/academics at Poly you like to work with, etc?

You can't transfer to Courant. They are two separate programs. Some Poly students apply to NYU after one year and have to apply like everyone else.
My priority is to get a job after graduate. Seems like Poly's reputation not good at all. I don't know if this is also true to the recruiters.

I'm also applying for Courant, Fall 2012. I don't know if I should wait for their decision.

Back