• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Need Career Advice

I did my bachelors in Electrical Engineering from IIT (India) in 2007 and worked with an European Investment Bank for around 4 years as a quant on Structured Credit Desk, I then tried a different role and joined one of the top 5 front office software vendors in US to work on model validation and also took up a client facing role to defend our valuations. Of late this role is starting to become a bit repetitive and I find myself wanting to move to another firm, however it seems like most similar roles require at-least a masters degree (if not a PhD). I have a wide range of programming experience on VBA , Java and C++ and have hands on understanding of Vector and Stochastic calculus (self taught). My current earnings are close to many MFEs (~130K-140K range) . I have always wanted to work as a Derivatives trader but in last four years these roles are extremely rare, need guidance from industry veterans on how to move to the next level or what kind of roles should I look out for. At 31 with over 8 years of work experience would an MBA/MFE help me in moving ahead and what kind of career tracks can I set myself up for with my current experience.

Thanks,
D

Back