• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Need some advices

Hello,

I'm 16 and I'd like to become a quant. I'm in my last high school year in Switzerland so I'll have to make important choices soon. So I'd like your advices on the following points:

1) Next year I'm going to start university. But I don't know which Bachelor to do. I'd like to do the Master in Finance in Princeton or the Master in Financial Engineering in Columbia. So to do one of these two masters, what is the best bachelor to get, in mathematics or in economics ?

2) Will I be accepted in the two programs I exposed earlier with "only" a bachelor in mathematics or economics ?

3) I don't care about the money but I'd like to know just for the record:
-How much does a quant earn the first year after he gets his master ?
-What is the higher salary a quant can earn in his career ?

Sorry for bad english, I'm still learning.

Back