• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Partial integro differential equation for levy processes

Hi everyone,

I´m trying to price european (and american) call option with partial integro differential equation,(stock price following levy process in general). But i´m having hard times to implement the code in matlab.

Could you please hepl in proving an example of code.

Thanks very much

Attachments

• pide.pdf
    70 KB · Views: 82
Dear tuko

it seems you are doing very interesting problem. Would you mind posting a brief of your problem formulation so that we can have a brief idea what you are trying to do. In fact, by just looking at your one-page pdf file, I cannot know what you are trying to do and where you get stuck

Thanks for your answer .
I´m trying to approximate the equation using finite diference method, but i got stuck with the integral term, i cant figure out how to deal with in.

I also guess so ! The difficulties lie in Levy measure, but you could choose a Levy measure for your problem then it might be easier.
To deal with infinity upper/lower limits, I guess only way to do it is to map it into [0,1] interval

That ´s exactly where I got stuck :) I chose Meixner process and it´s measure (I had to) but I ´m not able to move on with it.

tuko : if you can choose a Levy measure, I just guess (I might be wrong) that you could transform the lower/upper limit to [0,1] interval. Then apply the finite difference method for the integral equation. I am sure that you can google to find such methods

Daniel, thanks for your paper it´s really interesting.
I´ve tried to use the trapezoidal rule for the integral term (but only without transformation to [0,1], thanks Nguyen for your idea.)
But I think that my problem is the implementation in matlab.
Thanks for your help guys!!

Thanks so much Daniel, it seems like you are excellent in this problem

Back