• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Profile Evaluation - 2013

Hi, I will be applying for Financial Engineering Programmes for Fall 2013. Please help me evaluate my profile and suggest the universities.

Bachelors - B.Tech (Information Technology) - 2010 - Punjab Technical University (very avg university in India, Programming -80%, Maths - 65 % approx :( )

GRE - 321 (V - 156, Q - 165)

Work Ex - 2 years in TCS(IT Company) - Worked on BaNCS(Banking software), equity trading and risk management module where i had to design and implement core functionality in Java.

Certification - Applied Mathematical Finance for Engineers(IIQF- private institute) - 6 Months weekend course - the course contained theory and practical aspects of Probability Theory, Econometrics, Volatility Forecasting, Brownian Motion, PDEs, Risk Neutral Pricing, Monte Carlo Simulations, Options an Derivative Pricing etc.

PRM Paper 3, Paper 4 (Risk Management Practices, Case Study)

Universities i wish to apply -

National University of Singapore - MFE
Nanyang Technical University - MFE
Singapore Management University - MSQF
University of Hong Kong - MS Finance(concentration in Financial Engineering)
ETH - MSQF
UCLA - MFE
Georgia Tech - MSCQF

I know Maths is not my strongest point, but i am working hard on it, should i take another year and get relevant experience in Financial/Quant analysis ?

While working on BaNCS securities trading platform as a developer, i fostered an interest in the Equity market, and i decided to move into Finance domain. I think MFE is a perfect program that would utilize my programming skills, knowledge of calculus and my interest in Finance. After MFE I intend to take up positions like Quant developer/Financial Analyst/Quant Analyst and like.

Back