• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

profile evaluation

hello everyone,
I have done M.S in CSE and have been working as a developer for 5.5 years. I have decided to change my career and get into finance. I want to pursue either MBA or MFE from Stern, columbia or such tier I schools. I have given my GMAT 720 (Q 46, V 42) and I am also planning to give GRE soon. I feel that MS in FEngg will be a natural progression given my CSE background (no financial background at all ). MBA finance is fiercely fought or sought after. In that aspect, how is MSFEngg compared to MBA Finance? can you shed some light on acceptance rate ?how do schools evaluate a prospective student ( sorry for such a vague and broad question)? one of my main concerns is that I have a below avg GPA in MS: 3.3 from a top 30 school and BS from a non-descriptive university in India.

Thank you,
Adi

Hey Adi,
For acceptance rate, you can take a look at our Wiki
For some idea on how you compare among other MFE applicants, take a look at the Tracker
Thank you Andy for quick reply. can you point me to a place where I can find information about the nature of work of a typical MBA finance grad and that of a MFEngg grad.

Back