• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Profile Evaluation

Hi.

My profile is here:

Undergraduate Class of 2012.

Undergraduate: 4.6/5.0 in NTU(Electrical and Electronic Engineering)

GRE: 149V/160Q

Awards:
-Dean's List
-Book Prize for one year 4 subject
-Excellence Award for good academic performance.

Experience:
- C++ during Internship
- MATLAB during Final Year Project ( Project on Machine-Learning -> Learnt Basics in Computer Vision and Machine Learning)
-Python, HTML, CSS, Javascript, Git in my First Job as Web Developer
-Objective-C, SQL in my current Job as Mobile Application Developer
- taken Finance electives in undergrad(Business Finance and Accounting -> scored an A+ for both subjects)
-taken Engineering Mathematics subjects in undergrad( scored an A- or above)

No financial work experience, just theory. But got software and mathematics experience.

Very good self-starter. Adaptable. Good at Mathematics and Programming.

Have Applied to:
-CMU (Round1, still pending)
-Princeton
-Columbia
-Baruch College
- UCB( on Hold)
-MIT (Round 2)

Planning to apply:
-NTU
-NYU
-Boston

Really want to study Financial Engineering because you can learn Finance, Statistics, Programming and Maths and you need to be good at all of them to be a good Financial Engineer.

Started to read up on Stochastic Calculus and Options already. Dun intend to register in courses because they are expensive. I can read up on these on my own. I am sure I can do it as all you need is interest. I am very interested in getting into this area..

Not sure whether I will get into the schools I have applied. Worried they might reject.

Any suggestion what to improve on. Any insight is hugely appreciated.

I know higher the better, but i have seen schools like Columbia which say that need at least 150 for Verbal

They 3 parameters, average score of students applied, min score to apply, and average score of accepted students.

I read it at Baruch, and other Univ where they average score of Quant of accpted students 790, revised GRE 165+.

it is the average of students of who applied.. since it is the average, there will be surely students below the average score. Why can't i be one of them?

Ofcourse!
Scores are just a part of application, sop lor resume projects experience and other aspects will balance that.
:)
I think seniors can put more light on how to make them strong.

Any other suggestions besides the GRE Q score needs to be improved? Would like to hear some comments from the seniors..

By the time I join the school, I will have at least one year of experience. Is that enough?

Back