• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Quant exit opportunities

Hi, as the title suggests, what are possible quant exit opportunities, reason I’m asking this is cos I recently read the Baruch report, and turns out a lot of people end up leaving the industry (maybe cos it’s performance focused, very stressful etc), and because quant is like a very specific job, are there any possible exit opportunities (ex Private equity etc)

Also let’s say if I want to change careers, would the only option be to get an MBA ?

The quant path doesn't overlap well with traditional finance jobs (banking, PE, consulting, etc). Those opportunities aren't a realistic exit for quantitative finance, they are a completely different career path.

I imagine most exiting quants go to academia (if you are a PhD), big tech, or maybe move to a fintech firm with a better WLB. Most quants are valued for programming/engineering/math - you can exit to other jobs that value these skills.

Back