• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

quantitative analysis for non-finance?

Hello

What fields or applications are there (or could there be) that require quantitative analysis excluding the finance industry?

Tunc

OR is all about optimizing given certain parameters. So OR has tons and tons of quantitative analysis

I wondered why people tend to think that there can be a market for an analytical software (Table Functions in .NET) only in the finance industry.

I am trying to find out in which industries we could find a market for a .NET Calculation Engine based on Table Functions, and for what sort of applications.

NET Calculation Engine based on Table Functions,
I wondered why people tend to think that there can be a market for an analytical software (Table Functions in .NET) only in the finance industry.

I am trying to find out in which industries we could find a market for a .NET Calculation Engine based on Table Functions, and for what sort of applications.

What is a ".NET Calculation Engine based on Table"?

It could be anything.

What is a "Calculation Engine based on Table Functions"?

explained here, there is a 5-minute video for a quick overview.

Table Functions can be compared to Matrix Functions from linear algebra. The difference is, input and output arguments are (in-memory) data tables instead of matrices.

This could be used for anything with Data Analytics, which in turn is used in literally every industry, from retail, to marketing, to energy.

Unsurprisingly, "quants" are found in all of these industries.

Nice to hear, because we have published a free non-commercial .net library named finaquant protos (including Table/Matrix/Vector functions) for esp. academical purposes. I would like it to be used in positive sciences like theoretical biology, physics and chemistry.

Back