• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Request for Application Evaluation

Hello guys!

I'm kindly requesting you to review my credentials and tell me if I can apply for an MFE program:

1) Undergrad - Bsc. Applied Accounting (First Class Honours) from Oxford Brookes University,
- Bsc. Banking & Finance (First Class Honours) from University of London - London School of Economics

2) ACCA (Professional accounting body) - Affiliate for over 3 years

3) Work Experience - 3 years working in an accounting role.

4) Programming - Did the Pearson Vue C++ Associate level course and passed this course.

5) GRE - Verbal - 157, Quant - 159. I'm disappointed with this quant score and i wanted to know how big a factor this will be in the application process.

I also want to prepare for the GRE subject test Math and was wondering if this can add weight to my application.

Please let me know if I meet the criteria? If not, which other courses should i look into as I have an interest in the Finance field.

Thank you!

Study for the GRE again. A quant score of 165 or higher is basically a must. Verbal is okay. Could definitely be better. You seem to have a great education background though. Maybe take some actuarial exams (p,fm,mfe) to work on your ability to combine math and finance.

Study for the GRE again. A quant score of 165 or higher is basically a must. Verbal is okay. Could definitely be better. You seem to have a great education background though. Maybe take some actuarial exams (p,fm,mfe) to work on your ability to combine math and finance.

Thank you very much for your suggestions. Yes, i'm currently preparing to re-take the GRE test again. Hope the scores will be better this time around.

I was wondering if doing GRE Maths Subject test would add strength to my application given I don't have an engineering/math major in my undergraduate?

Back