• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

second resolution stock data?

A couple years ago, I started getting into quant trading beginning with daily resolution data and eventually moving to minute resolution data. I started my search for data on this forum and eventually found a great vendor for minute resolution data (QuantQuote for those interested).

Now that my strategies are showing success and I've been able to move up to exchange colocation, I'm interested in developing even faster algorithms. I notice that a number of vendors are offering full tick resolution data. However, full tick resolution is super expensive and huge in terms of storage (at least 10TB for 5-6 years based on NYSE TAQ). I'm wondering why nobody offers second resolution data. It is a huge improvement over minute resolution data, the datasize is reasonable (<1TB compressed, extrapolating from minute resolution data), yet I can't find a single vendor that offers data in this resolution. Has anybody here done model development using second resolution data?

Back