• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

[Seeking advice] Coding challenge for a quant developer position

Hi,

I am a graduating senior, and I have an interview for the quant developer position (derivatives and risk management quant role). The first round is going to be a coding challenge, but I do not really know how to prepare for coding challenge. I have some background in Python, but I am not sure if my level of proficiency would be enough. How do I possibly prepare for coding challenge?

Thank you very much.

Can you already program in Python, i.e. hands-on?

e.g. write a function to compute option price using syntax + libraries.

Coding challenge can mean many things. Did they tell you what to expect, at all?

One place I interviewed with sent me a PDF with a bunch of algorithm / design questions and gave me a day to write it up and send the code back.

Another place scheduled a conference call, where the interviewers and I would log into Collabedit (online shared text-editor), where I was given some code and asked to make modifications on the spot, figure out a bug, recommend improvements, implement a new feature, etc

Back