• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Should I retake GRE?

I was shocked and pissed when I saw my quant score after the test.
Q: 160 V:152 A: 3.5
While I was preparing the test, I always got at least 165 in quant on Manhattan practice tests and got 167/169 on the ETS powerprep. I still cannot believe how and why I got only 160 in the real test.
Given the fact that the deadline is approaching (2016 fall admission), I'm debating if i should retake the test.

A little bit of background:
graduated in 2012, majored in mathematics with finance concentration from a non-target school
3.56 GPA, 3.86 major GPA
Had two internships during college (1st: stat analyst and 2nd: equity research analyst)
more than two years of working experience (currently working in a venture capital firm as an investment manager)

Desperately need some guidance please.

If you are applying for full time, you should definitely take the test again. If you examine the inputs in application tracker, you would see that the overwhelming majority of applications (especially admits) are above 165. If you had ivy background or previous quant internships, those could save you. I suggest you retake the exam.

Some schools such as UCLA have very late deadlines so there is still time. But it becomes increasingly harder to get admitted so hurry. Good luck on your next attempt.

Back