• Visit the 2024 QuantNet ranking of the Best UK Quant MSc Programs.

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

(Statistics/Operations Research Double Major, Computer Science Minor) Competent for MsFE/MsQF?

Hi QuantNet,

I'm asking with regards to the requirements that quantitative trading requires in terms of my requirements for MFE programs. I am still in school at the moment and currently working towards a Bachelor's of Mathematics with a double major in Statistics/Operations Research with a minor in Computer Science.

I was wondering how important courses such as ODE/PDE, real analysis, fourier analysis, measure and integration, and functional analysis are for applying towards an MFE. I am currently undergoing a 100% course load (I can still take extra courses, but they could potentially hurt my GPA) and am willing to add those in.

What's your opinion QuantNet? Thanks in advance.

Back